[fpc-devel] Is target mips-embedded possible / planned?

Michael Ring mail at michael-ring.org
Thu May 16 23:27:36 CEST 2013

I finished first tests on memory read performance fot jtag probes/pic32,
all on my Mac except the raspberry test:

Olimex TINY-H with openocd:    120 Seconds for 32k of data
Olimex TINY-H with ejtagproxy: 10 Seconds for 1k of data, I did not have
the patience to wait for the transfer of 32k ;-)

Raspberry PI with openocd in gpiomode: 50 Seconds for 32k of data

J-Link Edu with openocd: 30 Seconds for 32k of data

mikroProg from Mikro-E: approx. 8 Seconds for 32k (but no gdbserver and
ICD Protocol on windows, only for reference)

ST-Link2: not yet tested.

pickit3 on ejtagproxy: not yet tested

I had high hopes for the Raspberry Pi solution because there's no USB
transfer involved, sniff.....

J-Link performance is not stellar, but will be good enough for me right now.

If anybody has better results, please feel free to share on how you were
able to get better performance.

Michael