[fpc-pascal]Drive detection (was: Intel ASM syntax problem)

Martin Hankovec Martin.Hankovec at oku-st.cz
Fri Jun 29 07:14:37 CEST 2001

>This is the first thing that I did, and this was the first place (SWAG)
>from where I posted the sources. Ok, I just did have a look at the
>'complete drive detection' stuff, and that is what gave me problems even
>with ASMMODE Intel.

I have no problem to compile them. But - I agree that some programs don't
work OK. Some detects diskette drive B even if You don't have it, some
returns a bit confused list of drives (I have realized, that for example Norton
Commander maybe sometimes creates a virtual disk B for copying from diskette
to diskette and running Your program from NC will detect drive B). In my unit
NGTVIEW for creating text GUI I have leaved the way of
list of drives, because I haven't found working routine without direct testing of
drives.

But I have test them under WinNT and maybe some problems became from this
reason :-) (more mapped drives etc.).

Have a nice day

Martin H.