[fpc-devel] Initialize/Finalize management operators and Default intrinsic

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 15 07:59:22 CEST 2016

Am 15.04.2016 01:37 schrieb "Anthony Walter" <sysrpl at gmail.com>:
> Plus a whole lot more external tools. So from my perspective (and maybe a
lot of others as well) a game engine IDE should primarily be focused on
making compilation and targetting of many platforms transparent.

But that's not what Unity3D is about anyway. The thing where they shine is
basically a RAD approach to their engine. Easily changeable settings and
scripts at runtime and such little tidbits. For some stuff you always need
external programs, but not for dealing with the rendering and the game
logic. And that's the intriguing part.

> In that regard Lazarus/FPC still needs some work. Setting up the IDE and
compiler to get a GL context working on Android/iOS or every transpiling to
Javascript for web ... yeah we're not there yet (I am working on
distributing the Android part).

Castle Game Engine already has the Android part working... (I don't know
about iOS right now though)

Regards,
Sven