[fpc-devel] Is target mips-embedded possible / planned?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu May 16 09:19:51 CEST 2013

On 05/15/2013 11:48 PM, Michel Catudal wrote:

> As I mentioned earlier, I have enough information from Microchip to make a fast programmer. What I will need to add is debugging.

I would rather use PickIT or ICD3 than build my own hardware (in fact
this would help those PIC users that can't do hardware themselves).

Here, EJTAGproxy looks interesting, but of course I don't know whether
it is decently fast.

Maybe it really does not use use the debug interface built in the PIC
chip (and supported by PICKit), but some kind of JTAG communication.
This could be slow, because, AFAIK, PICKit out of the box does not
internally do JTAG, but it can be made to do JTAG, as you can toggle
each single communication pin via USB. OTOH, PICKit hardware is simple
and it contains a PIC chip, so you can create and load your own JTAG
enabled firmware, if you dare.

-Michael