[fpc-devel] what fpc is good for?

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sat May 12 19:52:52 CEST 2007

> I agree with Graeme. There are professional developers out here who want
> a decent cross platform product and who don't like the
> C/++/#/Java/.net/etcetcetc because of various reasons. My own reasons
> are that I find C(like) languages to be semantically weak and
> encouraging of bad programmer behaviour. I don't have time for dealing
> with that sort of inefficiency, so I need a more professional option in
> a language. Pascal(etc) provides that, and since Delphi isn't really
> broadly multiplatform (even though it is a terrific piece of work in
> it's own right),

Small addition:
For me a strong reason for both FPC and Delphi compared to the others is that
single exe deployment is still so doable.

For a lot of small stuff that I only deliver once, I don't want to set up
 a complicated deployment system, or argue with external IT departments
about the addition of runtime libraries.