[Pas2js] textinputwidget and number of available input boxes on a line

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sun Oct 4 15:02:20 CEST 2020

On Sun, 4 Oct 2020, Mgr. Janusz Chmiel wrote:

> I have compiled and tried The bootstraptable. Sure, really. Screen reader
> read everything excellently. No issues.
> But I have found out, that .html file have no 1 KB syze. So some basic HTMl
> knowledge will be may be required to create some PP with GUI. Or does
> something create .html file automatically?

You really don't need extensive HTML. Please look at the examples that come
with pas2js, many of them use bootstrap.

All you need is 3 lines in the header of your html file:

   <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://stackpath.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/4.3.1/css/bootstrap.min.css" >
   <script src="https://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.4.1.js" ></script>
   <script src="https://stackpath.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/4.3.1/js/bootstrap.js"></script>

That's all. The rest is accomplished by setting the necessary classes on
your widgets.

> I will analyse The example. It contain various widgets including very
> accessible table. I have only one problem. If I will not have to create
> .csss templates myself from scratch.

You don't need to create .css if you are satisfied with bootstrap.
I have written several commercial web programs with the html widgets,
and I have not yet had to create a single css file.

Bootstrap is sufficient for most purposes, and if you really need something
flashy, there are many themes built on top of bootstrap.

> It would be problem. And thank you very much that you have pointed Me to
> this widget. Sure. Using only htmlwidgets have been very simple for Me. But
> I understand, that I can not expect nice GUI from this perspective. Thank
> you that you have releasing Bootstrap units for free. Since I know about
> very expensive product based on Delphi from Germany. i would had to buy
> expensive Delphi license, and I would had to buy 440 Euros product from one
> company from Germany.

If you are referring to TMS Software, it is a Belgian company :-)