[fpc-pascal] Converting Delphi7 code to FreePascal with interfacing to protection key?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 09:30:49 CET 2023

On Wed, 22 Mar 2023 13:56:59 +0100, Bo Berglund via fpc-pascal
<fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

>On Wed, 22 Mar 2023 12:33:16 +0100, Giuliano Colla via fpc-pascal
><fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
>>Il 22/03/2023 11:18, Bo Berglund via fpc-pascal ha scritto:
>>
>>> If I have fpc 3.2.2 inbstalled on Windows 10 x64 I assume it is a 64 bit target
>>> exe which will be the output, right?
>>If in Project Options -> Config and Target ->Target OS you specify
>>Win32, you'll get a 32 bit exe (which is what Delphi does, I presume, if
>>it links a 32 bit object).
>
>I changed target to Win32 then when I closed the dialog an error message popped
>up:
>
>The current FPC has no config file. It will probably miss
>some units. Check your installation of fpc.
>[OK]  [Ignore]
>
>My installation was done using a full Lazarus/FPC installer from SourceForge:
>lazarus-2.2.4-fpc-3.2.2-win64.exe
>
>So both Lazarus and Fpc come from the same installer and it installs an isolated
>environment so one can have several versions installed at the same time.
>
>What to do now?
>And what is the problem?

I looked at the FPC Wiki on cross-compilation and tried to install the cross for
win32 into my Lazarus 2.2.4.
https://wiki.freepascal.org/Cross_compiling#From_win64_to_win32

But it seems like the wiki instructions are missing something because it does
not even find what is needed to switch to target win32...
See separate thread about cross-compile.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden