[fpc-pascal] Converting Delphi7 code to FreePascal with interfacing to protection key?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 14:03:01 CET 2023

On Wed, 22 Mar 2023 12:33:16 +0100, Giuliano Colla via fpc-pascal
<fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

>Il 22/03/2023 11:18, Bo Berglund via fpc-pascal ha scritto:
>
>> If I have fpc 3.2.2 inbstalled on Windows 10 x64 I assume it is a 64 bit target
>> exe which will be the output, right?
>If in Project Options -> Config and Target ->Target OS you specify
>Win32, you'll get a 32 bit exe (which is what Delphi does, I presume, if
>it links a 32 bit object).

I changed target to Win32 then when I closed the dialog an error message popped
up:

The current FPC has no config file. It will probably miss
some units. Check your installation of fpc.
[OK]  [Ignore]

When I hit [OK] I got this pop-up:

The project uses target OS=win32 and CPU=x86_64.
The system.ppu for this target was not found in the FPC
binary directories.
Make sure fpc is installed correctly for this target and the
fpc.cfg contains the right directories.
   [OK]

My installation was done using a full Lazarus/FPC installer from SourceForge:
lazarus-2.2.4-fpc-3.2.2-win64.exe

So both Lazarus and Fpc come from the same installer and it installs an isolated
environment so one can have several versions installed at the same time.

What to do now?
And what is the problem?

--
Bo Berglund