[fpc-pascal] Building fpc trunk on Linux: Could not find unit directory for dependency package "rtl" required for package "a52"

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Thu Apr 27 17:54:30 CEST 2023

On 27.04.2023 15:54, Ondrej Pokorny via fpc-pascal wrote:
> OK, I searched for the error and found this page:
> https://wiki.freepascal.org/FPMake#Could_not_find_unit_directory_for_dependency_package_.22rtl.22

Even if I do
export FPCDIR=/usr/lib/fpc/3.2.2
before make (where the installer installed FPC), I get the same error:
Could not find unit directory for dependency package "rtl" required for
package "a52"

I have no idea, does anybody know what I am missing? I would appreciate
any help.

Ondrej

P.S.: My whole script looks like:

# directory where FPC should be built into
mypath="~/software/fpc/exp"

# install directory of FPC 3.2.2
export FPCDIR=/usr/lib/fpc/3.2.2

# number of threads
set usethreads=4

cd src
# now I am in the fpc src directory from Git main
make clean all OPT='-O- -gw -godwarfsets -gl -Xg' DEBUG=1
INSTALL_PREFIX=$mypath FPMAKEOPT="-T $usethreads"
make install OPT='-O- -gw -godwarfsets -gl -Xg' DEBUG=1
INSTALL_PREFIX=$mypath FPMAKEOPT="-T $usethreads"
cd ..