[fpc-pascal] Can't build single package

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Thu Nov 3 10:03:36 CET 2022

El 3/11/22 a les 9:31, Tomas Hajny via fpc-pascal ha escrit:

>> Might as well build and install fpc from source :-/
>
> That's always an option, of course. ;-)

For the record (and for my memory, since I'm sure I'll forget), I almost
did that (i.e. make rtl_install, make packages_install then copied the
resulting units from d: to c:). Probably installing fpc completely would
have been less effort :-D

> However, I guess that it would
> also help to run 'make rtl_clean packages_clean rtl_all packages_all' or
> even 'make distclean rtl_all packages_all'. Did you combine compilation
> using an IDE (e.g. Lazarus) with compilation using makefiles? That may
> easily lead to problems (especially due to compiled files being placed
> in locations not expected by the makefiles, thus resulting in multiple
> compiled versions of the same unit in different places)...

No, I just use lazarus to install its packages (in fact lazsqldbrest was
already installed in lazarus 2.2.2, but I had to uninstall it in order
to compile lazarus 2.2.4: since I had modified the units in fcl-web the
old lazarus was still working but the new one wouldn't compile).
It doesn't help though that, in a futile attempt to avoid useless
recompilations, I have this as a global lazarus  "Additions and Overrides":

OutDir -> lib/$(PkgName)/$(FPCVer)/$(TargetCPU)-$(TargetOS)/$(BuildMode)

Anyway, for the time being, issue solved.

Bye
--
Luca