[fpc-pascal] Can't build single package

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Thu Nov 3 09:31:41 CET 2022

On 2022-11-03 08:58, Luca Olivetti via fpc-pascal wrote:
> El 2/11/22 a les 17:06, Tomas Hajny via fpc-pascal ha escrit:
>

>> I see. This means that you already have the prerequisites fulfilled in
>> the source tree for Linux, but not for Windows. Start by issuing 'make
>> rtl_all packages_all' in D:\fpc-3.2.2. Then try rebuilding fcl-web in
>> the fcl-web directory - I believe that it might work then.
>

> Yes, that worked, but then it caused another problem: I wanted to
> recompile fcl-web because I couldn't install the lazsqldbrest package
>
> Compile package sqldbrestschemadesigner 0.0: Exit code 1, Errors: 1,
> Warnings: 1
> Warning: Recompiling sqldbrestmodule, checksum changed for
> C:\FPC\3.2.2\units\i386-win32\fcl-web\fphttp.ppu
> build304.pp(19,58) Fatal: Cannot find sqldbrestmodule used by
> build304. Make sure all ppu files of a package are in its output
> directory. ppu in wrong
> directory=C:\FPC\3.2.2\units\i386-win32\fcl-web\sqldbrestmodule.ppu..
>

> Most probably because I modified some units to correct a couple of
> bugs.
> Now, after "make rtl_all packages_all" and copying the fcl-web units
> to the correct location, I get this
>

> Compile package sqldbrestschemadesigner 0.0: Exit code 1, Errors: 1,
> Warnings: 1
> Warning: Recompiling sqldbrestschema, checksum changed for
> C:\FPC\3.2.2\units\i386-win32\rtl\classes.ppu
> sqldbrestschema.pp(13,55) Fatal: Can't find unit sqldbrestschema used
> by dlgrestfieldoptions
>

> Might as well build and install fpc from source :-/

That's always an option, of course. ;-) However, I guess that it would
also help to run 'make rtl_clean packages_clean rtl_all packages_all' or
even 'make distclean rtl_all packages_all'. Did you combine compilation
using an IDE (e.g. Lazarus) with compilation using makefiles? That may
easily lead to problems (especially due to compiled files being placed
in locations not expected by the makefiles, thus resulting in multiple
compiled versions of the same unit in different places)...

Tomas