[fpc-pascal] Teaching Kids Using Free Pascal

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 07:21:28 CEST 2022

Some of you might not be aware, but I teach small groups of kids ages 8-16
computer programming and digital electronics. When teaching programming I
often use Free Pascal and Lazarus, and try to come up with exciting ideas.

Over the past few weeks, I've taught my high school kids who have completed
Algebra I programming using Linear Algebra. To help illustrate vectors,
and matrices, I wrote a small program using Free Pascal to help them
understand the sin(a) function.

I thought I'd share the result:

https://streamable.com/b5ojtt

If anyone wants to help the cause of teaching kids programming with Free
Pascal, I am still offering a reward of $100 for a solution to the problem
of static linking libraries on Windows (see my last message on that
subject). Although I and the kids I teach use Linux in our lab sessions,
I'd like to make it easier for Windows users to work with the toolkit I
continue to develop,

Thank you for your time.
Anthony