[fpc-pascal] TOML parser

Ryan Joseph genericptr at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 22:47:36 CEST 2020

I was going to do a YAML parser but I decided on TOML instead because:

1) appeared easier to parse
2) the format is simpler to understand/less bloated
3) looks nicer for config files (that's what it was designed for actually)

It's not as widely supported as YAML (which was been around since 2001) but I saw it from the Rust package manager and it has syntax support in VSCode and SublimeText so that's enough for me at least. I still may leverage what I have into a YAML parser at some point in the future if TOML ends up not working out for some reason.

This version is still not 100% complete but that's all I have time for right now. If this is of interest for the RTL let me know and I'll make whatever changes are required for it to be eligible/submitted.

https://github.com/genericptr/fpTOML

On the TOML format:

https://toml.io

Regards,