[fpc-pascal] Converting date formats

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Oct 3 23:26:13 CEST 2020

On Sat, 3 Oct 2020, Ryan Joseph via fpc-pascal wrote:

> I have no idea about dates and where to find these functions in the RTL.
> I just saw the date at https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3339.

Well, if you are really ignorant about these functions, why not
go to the index page (linked to from the top of every page)

https://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/current/rtl/index-8.html

And using your browser's find function look for "date".

Alternatively, Google usually also turns up very good answers.

> What do those links say about it not being possible?  ISO8601ToDate seems
> to work if I change the decimal representation of the seconds to an
> integer.

I was trying to point you in a better direction.

My commend was meant to indicate that the documentation of StrToDate
(the function you used)  clearly mentions that there is a restriction
on allowed formats:

https://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/current/rtl/sysutils/strtodate.html

Reading that would have helped you understand you're using the wrong
function.

Blindly using a function and getting errors, my first instinct is
to look for documentation.

Michael.