[fpc-pascal] Cannot find system type "__m64"

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 6 08:04:48 CET 2020

Ryan Joseph via fpc-pascal <fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> schrieb am
Fr., 6. März 2020, 06:57:

> I'm continuing this from the bug tracker. Also please note that for some
> reason the mail list server has stopped sending me replies to gmail so I
> need to look at https://lists.freepascal.org/pipermail/fpc-pascal/ for
> replies until this get fixed. Maybe time to get rid of gmail? My private
> web host email was also failing though. :P
>
> ====
>
> ~/Developer/ObjectivePascal/fpc-git/compiler/x86_64/pp test.pp
>
> error: Cannot find system type "__m64". Check if you use the correct run
> time library.
>
> ====
>
> Can anyone explain this error? I have a trunk repository which I update
> from svn and a dev repository that I update from git (and build using the
> supplied lazbuild projects). After I updated the trunk compiler I started
> getting this error when building the dev compiler. Sven says "you need to
> cleanly rebuild your trunk system with a release compiler." I tried:
>
> make clean all FPC=/usr/local/lib/fpc/3.0.4/ppcx64
> OPT='-XR/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk'
>
> but this doesn't seem to help. Tried deleting the lazbuild units and
> trying again also but that doesn't work. Are the wrong RTL files be used or
> something?

Yes, that is the problem. When Florian had merged the SIMD intriniscs
branch those types were enabled, but they weren't ready yet. Thus he
disabled them later on again (a day or two later). If you had compiled
trunk during that time you can get mixed results, though it's strange that
it does...
If clean doesn't help (maybe even use the "svn cleanup" or whatever) you
could try to increase the PPULongVersion in compiler/ppu.pas, rebuild, then
lower it again and rebuild again.

Regards,
Sven