[fpc-pascal] fpPDF and support of Latin2 charset

Thu Mar 21 12:57:30 CET 2019

On 19/03/2019 08:46, LacaK wrote:
> I am trying work with fpPDF. I can create PDF document, but character
> out of ASCII range are displayed wrong (in PDF file they are stored as
> UTF8).

First things first... what version of FPC are you using? FPC 3.0.4 or
FPC 3.1.1 - just so I know what code to look at.

I had a quick look and indeed there is something strange (or different)
with the "cour.ttf" font. At closer inspection (using FontForge font
editor) the "cour.tff" as supplied by Microsoft is some hybrid
TTF+Bitmap font. The "arial.ttf" is a pure truetype font (no bitmap
glyphs embedded).

Not 100% sure yet if that is the cause or not. Maybe some special
processing is needed for hybrid fonts. I'll investigate further.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/