[fpc-pascal] Tests results of several pascal based JSON parsers

Ben Grasset operator97 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 23:49:50 CEST 2019

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 5:16 AM Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>
wrote:

> The shootout benchmarks for example are dismally coded for FPC with as a
> result that they perform badly.

Not all of them! At least, not anymore:

https://benchmarksgame-team.pages.debian.net/benchmarksgame/performance/binarytrees.html

More recently I also managed to bring the execution time for "Mandelbrot"
up to 8.52 seconds for FPC, whereas the version that had been around for a
long time before that ran in 22 seconds:

https://benchmarksgame-team.pages.debian.net/benchmarksgame/program/mandelbrot-fpascal-8.html

 I'm hoping to figure out how to bring it up even more, but I think I might
need to wait for 3.2.0 for that (loop unrolling on by default at -O3,
e.t.c.)