[fpc-pascal] Optional param modifier

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 13 09:47:36 CEST 2019

Marco van de Voort <fpc at pascalprogramming.org> schrieb am Fr., 12. Apr.
2019, 20:56:

> Op 2019-04-12 om 17:23 schreef Ryan Joseph:
> >
> > What do you think of that? Sounds like an easy way to get some support
> for nil pointers deref’s and provides self documenting code.
>
> I think the same as when I read the suggestion for an inout variant of
> VAR. Move this out of the language syntax, and make it directives or
> attribute like syntax (like we will need to get anyway for const ref).

Im definitely for new syntaxes (or the attribute one) than a directive. A
directive can be anywhere and I'd need to go looking for it if I want to
know whether it is set or not. Some syntax extension would be right at the
declaration.

So, yeah, we'll probably compromise towards the attribute syntax...

Regards,
Sven