[fpc-pascal] Compile for WinCE 7, target ARM, CPU Cortex-A9

Christo Crause christo.crause at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 18:24:37 CEST 2019

On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 1:13 PM LacaK <lacak at zoznam.sk> wrote:

> Answering my own question:
>
> When I build cross compiler using FpcUpDeluxe, where I set "Cross Build
> Options Override" to "-Cparmv7A" (The Cortex -A9 cores implement the
> ARMv7-A architecture) then I can sucessfully compile my application for
> WinCE 7.
>
> Drawback is that I must now maintain 2 FPC installations/cross-compilers
> (Win32-WinCE): one for targer WinCE 5,6 with CPUs ARMv5 and another for
> WinCE 7 with ARMv7 CPU (It is not sufficient to setup build modes in
> project ... also all units must be pre-compiled ... at least I do not
> know how to bypass this limitation)
>
> -Laco.

I suspect your problem is related to this feature request:

Note that you probably don't need two different cross compilers if your
cpu-OS target is the same, only two different versions of the RTL (and
perhaps packages) in a way that enables the compiler to pick the correct
version.  For avr-embedded I change the unit output folder name to
avr-embedded-SUBARCH and add the subarch macro to fpc.cfg.  For arm you may
also need to handle different ABI versions (I don't cross compile for arm).