[fpc-pascal] Seek to EOF of file of byte

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Nov 18 23:13:29 CET 2017

On 18/11/17 21:15, pascalX at piments.com wrote:
> On 18/11/17 20:27, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:> because the program is
> being viewed critically by the ALGOL programmer > whose code
> Algol, one my all time favourite languages.
> while .... wendif .... fi
> why is this not universally adopted?
> I still comment my C code with  fi's and wend's to keep track of what a
> bunch of curly braces actually refer to.

/Don't/ get me going, particularly here. Basically, because Wirth threw
his toys out of the pram when ALGOL-W was rejected, and rushed out
Pascal as an alternative without looking at the few bits of ALGOL-68
which were useful for something. He didn't come to his senses until
Modula-2 or his involvement with Ada (I'm not sure which came first) but
by then the damage was done.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk