[fpc-pascal] FreePascal and MySQL ?

Terry A. Haimann terry at haimann.us
Mon Nov 20 16:33:52 CET 2017

Hello,

This is probably a dumb question.  But I have data in a tstringlist that
I want to upload into a MediumText MySQL column.  It looks to me as if
you do something like:

	Stream := TMemoryStream.Create;
	MySL.SaveToStream(Stream);
	Blobfield(BcfQuery.FieldByName('JobMemo')).
		LoadFromStream(Stream);

But what I don't understand is how I indicate what row to add the
MediumText field to.  Is there some way to combine this with an insert
or update statement.  I have done a lot in the past with MySQL and
FreePascal, but I have mostly or entirely worked with standard columnar
data, i.e. (Strings, floats and integers).

Thanks in advance,

Terry H.