[fpc-pascal] FPC Graphics options?

Wed May 17 11:57:58 CEST 2017

On 2017-05-17 06:12, noreply at z505.com wrote:
> But any game ends up using opengl anyway, doesnt' it?

They shouldn't have too. I love the retro style low-fidelity games. They
are perfectly possible to implement without OpenGL using GCC or Java.
But I couldn't achieve the same with FPC - what this whole discussion
was about in the Lazarus Forum (and now here it seems).

> AFAIR the doom and quake ports ran pretty fast,

Are you talking about the Object Pascal implementations?  If so, where
they compiled with FPC or Delphi? As far as I know they where compiled
with Delphi, and thus should have much better performance.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/