[fpc-pascal] Help building FPC on armhf

Andrew Brunner atbrunner at aurawin.com
Wed Jul 1 01:30:30 CEST 2015

On 06/29/2015 07:42 AM, Michael Ring wrote:
> I think I now remember having the same problem before, can you please
> try to build with "-O-" instead of -O2 ?

I've had some success/progress with my Wandboard Quad Revision C.
Thanks for all your help however there are still some issues.

When compiling FPC 2.6.4 bootstrap  I determined that :
-OpARMV71 is not a supported option.
-cfVFPV3 is not a supported option.

On make sourceinstall I determined that there is something wrong with
the make process because nothing I do can get make sourceinstall to stop
overriding the source in /usr/share/src/fpc-2.6.4 with my 3.1.1 source :-(
<snip>
/bin/rm -f build-stamp.*
/bin/rm -f base.build-stamp.*
/usr/bin/install -m 755 -d /usr/share/src/fpc-2.6.4/fpc
/bin/cp -Rfp /Developer/FPC/* /usr/share/src/fpc-2.6.4/fpc

The script should have shown /usr/share/src/fpc-3.1.1 etc...

This problem is only with building on Linux-arm.  I've never had this
issue in any other linux device.

--
Andrew Brunner

Aurawin LLC
512.850.3117
https://aurawin.com/

Aurawin is a great new way to store, share and enjoy your photos, videos, music, and more.