[fpc-pascal] Variable alignment in arm-embedded

Koenraad Lelong fpascal at brouwerij.homelinux.net
Wed Jun 13 10:02:53 CEST 2012

On 13-06-12 07:37, alrieckert wrote:

> alrieckert wrote
>>
>> Please just make sure about your starting address for the flash. I'm using
>> the STM32F103CBT6 and the start address is 0x08000000 and not 0x0800000
>>
> I've just verified it. The starting address for the flash should be
> 0x08000000. The reason for mine being 0x08003000 is that I'm making use of a
> USB DFU bootloader to load my program onto the device.
>
> Would be nice if we could specify the flash start offset at compile (link)
> time and not to hard code this into the compiler?
>
> Regards
> Anton

Thanks Anton,

I will try this right away. And good spotting that start-address. I
think I removed the 3 and somehow didn't replace it with a 0. I would
have had a hard time debugging that I think. I'm using an STM32F103RB
b.t.w. (Olimexino-STM board).

About that DFU-loader, do you have to do anything special to be able to
use fpc, besides modifying your start-address ? Any links to read more
about it ?
Now I'm using jtag to flash and debug my software.

Regards,

Koenraad.