[fpc-pascal] Variable alignment in arm-embedded

alrieckert anton at riecktron.co.za
Wed Jun 13 12:45:54 CEST 2012

Koenraad Lelong-2 wrote

> About that DFU-loader, do you have to do anything special to be able to
> use fpc, besides modifying your start-address ? Any links to read more
> about it ?
> Now I'm using jtag to flash and debug my software.

Hi Koenraad,

I'm using "DfuSe USB device firmware upgrade STMicroelectronics extension"
from ST. You can download it from this link.
http://www.st.com/internet/mcu/product/164487.jsp
http://www.st.com/internet/mcu/product/164487.jsp

 I compiled the project with IAR, got a HEX file that I uploaded to my
microcontroller using a STLink2 (JTAG).

Now when you hold the button and power up the micro, it will enter bootload
mode and allow you to upload new firmware via the USB. The only requirement
is that your new project will start at 0x08003000 since the bootloader
resides at the beginning.

As from a FPC view, you only need to change the flash stat offset as I had
it.

The link I posted has all the required software, docs and drivers you will
need.

Please ask if you have any other questions.

--
Anton