[fpc-pascal] Re: RE : Re: RE : Re: RE : Re: RE : FPCUp FPC/Lazarus installer/updater: first Linux/Windows version released

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Sat Feb 11 14:42:20 CET 2012

> > Why not create a fpcup script or link alongside the
> launcher(s) that
> > take the same parameters as the one use to create the
> launcher? Something like
> > 'lazlinkname' and 'lazlinkname Update'.
> Mmm, don't get what you mean here. What do you mean by
> launcher and the parameters used to create the launcher?

Sorry, I mean the shortcut on desktop or home dir. The parameters are the
fpcup parameters used to do all the nice work and that finishes with the
creation of the mentioned shortcut. So, the alternative to storing config
parameters somewhere is the suggestion to not create one but 2 shortcuts.
The first launches lazarus and the second launches fpcup with the same
parameters that were used to create these links. Example: a side by side
installation of lazarus fpc 2.6.1 and lazarus fpc 2.7.1 gives 4 shortcuts,
lazarus2.6.1 , lazarus2.6.1(Update), lazarus2.7.1 and lazarus2.7.1(Update).

Ludo