[fpc-pascal] FPC for ARM

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 14:41:41 CET 2011

Hi

Is FPC 2.2.2 really the latest native release for ARM processors?
I guess it can build the more recent versions. (?)

In school we have an interesting project "Developing Open Source Systems"
where the idea is to make an internet router out of small DreamPlug
computer by Globalscale Technologies, using ready-made open source SW as
much as possible.
It has a 1.2 GHz ARM CPU. I would like to install FPC there out of
curiosity and then maybe use it in the project.
Installing cross-compilers in school machines is not an options, we will
use native compilers instead.

The OS will be Linux Debian or Ubuntu. Can you install FPC for them from a
repository as you can for the x86 versions?

I was already looking for net protocol related components. FPC has at least
lnet for ARM.

Those small machines are amazing. 1.2 GHz CPU and half a GB memory was a
decent desktop machine just few years ago, but those machines consumed
power much more.

Has anyone got experience of editing source in a PC (with Lazarus) and then
transferring the source through a serial port to an embedded device to be
compiled. Are there any tools to make it easier?
Maybe people only use cross-compilers and move binaries, I don't know.

Juha