[fpc-pascal] Free Pascal 2.6.0rc1 released

Bernd prof7bit at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 26 18:17:29 CET 2011

2011/11/25 Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl>:
> If
> people are so easily confused, they should stay away from development
> branches.

This is supposed to be a stable branch and there is no need for
personal attacks.

> Specially since fixes_2_6 is an exact copy of RC1 except for the
> version, so there is no real motivation to use it.

Its just a coincidence that they are still identical. The motivation
for using subversion instead of doing a full download on every release
is to always have the latest 2.6.x plus all the latest fixes for it.

Until recently I have been using the latest trunk all the time, only
during the last few months I had some problems with it, some revisions
didn't even compile on my system due to some major work going on in
the RTL and I finally decided to change down a gear and stay with the
latest stable branch for a while.

Bernd