[fpc-pascal] Makeskel & how to add Firebird connection documentation?

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Thu Nov 17 10:06:12 CET 2011

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011, Reinier Olislagers wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I want to document
> packages/fcl-db/src/sqldb/interbase/ibconnection.pp
>
> So I run this to get started:
> makeskel --disable-private --emit-class-separator --update
> --package=fcl-sqldb
> --input=/home/reinier/fpc271/packages/fcl-db/src/sqldb/interbase/ibconnection.pp
> --output=ibconnection.pp
>
> What do I enter as package? fcl-sqldb? How do I find out? (And if so,
> can that be documented for amateurs like me?)

There is no rule. In this particular case, I would use fcl as a package.
fcl-db may also be an option later on.

> Apart from that, is this the right command to start?

You can drop the '--update', if it is the first time.
and the output option should be
   --output=ibconnection.xml,
not
   --output=ibconnection.pp

> I suppose that the output should actually be added to sqldb.xml, is that
> correct? Do I submit a patch or just the additional file?

It should not be added to sqldb.xml, but in its own file.
Each unit should come with its associated XML file.
(this is not an fpdoc restriction, but something I do,
it eases managing the documentation)

Please note that I do not include documentation for a unit
in the official docs unless all identifiers in the unit
have been documented.

Michael.