[fpc-pascal] Re: Delphi's anonymous functions in Free Pascal

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Sun Nov 6 19:21:22 CET 2011

Florian Klämpfl schrieb:
 >> I have the same feeling as Dmitry: There must be a time when FPC does
 >> not run after Delphi. Why not now?
 > Feel free to start a fork and we will see what will make it into trunk.

Sorry, but I don't know what you are talking about. Isn't it you (and a
few others) who decide what becomes part of FPC? It's not a democratic
vote, isn't it?

 >> Other changes were rejected too.
 > Yes. We reject patches to turn FPC into an OS, a C compiler or a coffee
 > machine. No, wait, I think we would accept the last one.

But *you* are deciding this, not?

 > This is everybody's decision. You decided also to write a lengthy mail
 > instead of submitting a patch to a bug report as well while the patch
 > would be much more usefull in my eyes.

Sorry, I don't know how to submit a patch. Forgive me if I am not on the
same knowledge level as you on FPC.