[fpc-pascal] Installing FPC 2.4.4 for Ubuntu / Mint+otherthoughts

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Thu Jun 16 08:23:35 CEST 2011

> On 15 June 2011 22:31, DaWorm <daworm at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 5:08 PM, Ludo Brands <ludo.brands at free.fr>
> > wrote:
> >> We were talking to make fpc easier to install for the
> average ubuntu
> >> user. This is as clear as mud for the average user I would say.
> >
> > Well, one would hope the average developer would be a bit farther
> > along the learning curve than the average user.  That said, I've
>
> Indeed.  I think this point is often overlooked.

Don't forget that a lot of the fpc users are coming from a delphi (=
windows) background. Assuming that experienced developper equals experienced
linux user would be a big mistake.
And yes, experienced developpers, even windows ones, won't have a problem
typing a few lines in a console or a config file, if only there was a
central place where to get that information, up to date... Reading the
discussions in this mailing list, many people are looking for that type
information.

Ludo