[fpc-pascal] FPC 2.5.1 (trunk rev 18036): Can't find unit fastcgi used by custfcgi

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Jul 29 22:18:48 CEST 2011

In our previous episode, Marcos Douglas said:
> > 1) manually delete the .ppu's in packages that have this problem ( I ran del
> > /s *.ppu ?and *.o in packages/)
> >
> > 2) delete all old fpmake.exe ?(del /s fpmake.exe in packages/)
>
> Ok, thanks, worked!
> But why this?

In some packages in 2.5.1, fpmake is being used on an experimental basis, to
root out problems by use in practice.

> In /branches/fixes_2_4 do not happens this error.

These experimental changes were of course not merged back to the stable
branch 2.4.0

At this moment it is not decided yet if these will go in 2.6.0

> BTW, updates for fixes_2_4 was stopped?

2.4.x receives some updates from time to time. Mostly fixes in packages/

This is mostly done to have a fallback if something goes wrong with the
start of the 2.6.x release series that is being planned for the fall.

If that goes reasonably well, there probably will be no more 2.4.x releases.

Merging is getting harder and harder in 2.4.x, so mostly only packages that
are wholly merged can be merged.