[fpc-pascal] XML_XSD export was: Timezone information in a dataset datetimefield?

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 17:54:18 CEST 2011

On 25-7-2011 17:37, Ludo Brands wrote:

>> I did see one improvement in your 2010 export: descending
>> indexes are supported as opposed to Access XP.... I'll tweak
>> the format to spit that out & see if Access XP can read it...

Still to do...

> Tested the creation of index info from MySQL SQLQuery and found some issues.
>
> Line 222:
>
>       if IsPublishedProp(DataSet, 'ServerIndexDefs') then
>       begin
>         IndexDefs := GetObjectProp(DataSet, 'ServerIndexDefs') as
> TIndexDefs;
>
> IndexDefs isn't the same as ServerIndexDefs for TCustomSQLQuery. IndexDefs
> just returns one index 'DEFAULT_ORDER' which isn't exported.

Ok, replaced with ServerIndexDefs. Seems simplest.

> Line 252
> Typo: Index.Fields instead of Index.Name.
Reinier: Fixed
> After these changes, import in access 2002 and 2010 is ok. Multiple field
> indices is working also?

It should be as it now takes the fields property (a semicolon delimited
list of fields according to the help) & replaces ; with a space, which
is the format that appears in my test xml.

Ludo (and anyone else): you can find the latest source at:
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero/fpc_laz_patch_playground/src
in the directory
fcl_db_export

In the meantime, I've finished the ADO.Net export functionality.

I'd appreciate further test reports!
One thing outstanding is enabling support for export without XSD; at the
moment it doesn't write a file.

Thanks for the help,
Reinier