[fpc-pascal] Timezone information in adataset datetimefield?

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Mon Jul 25 17:37:49 CEST 2011

> I did see one improvement in your 2010 export: descending
> indexes are supported as opposed to Access XP.... I'll tweak
> the format to spit that out & see if Access XP can read it...

Tested the creation of index info from MySQL SQLQuery and found some issues.

Line 222:

      if IsPublishedProp(DataSet, 'ServerIndexDefs') then
      begin
        IndexDefs := GetObjectProp(DataSet, 'ServerIndexDefs') as
TIndexDefs;

IndexDefs isn't the same as ServerIndexDefs for TCustomSQLQuery. IndexDefs
just returns one index 'DEFAULT_ORDER' which isn't exported.

Line 252

            TDOMElement(FANode).SetAttribute('index-key',
              UTF8Decode(StringReplace(Index.Fields, ';', ' ',
              [rfReplaceAll, rfIgnoreCase])));

Typo: Index.Fields instead of Index.Name.

After these changes, import in access 2002 and 2010 is ok. Multiple field
indices is working also?

I also noticed that the mysql implementation in fcl-db doesn't support index
collation (ascending-descending). PostGres at first sight neither and oracle
doesn't even support indices, in fcl-db I mean :(
Admittedly the definition of TIndexDef with DescFields string property that
supposedly lists the descending fields, isn't facilitating sort order
support neither.

Ludo