[fpc-pascal] More Win CE

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 20 14:11:03 CET 2010

On 20.11.2010 13:43, Fantomas wrote:

>>> Will not they really run under Windows Phone?
>
>> At least not on unhacked devices, cause they only allow .NET
>> applications (more precise: Silverlight and XNA applications). One of
>> those decisions that I can not (and want not) understand...
>
> Then, it is awesome, is not it? As for me, WM and its API was quite
> comprehensible and convenient to develope applications in my favourite Pascal.
> There was large number of devices running under WM. Fotunately, there is a lot
> of ones so far.

Sorry, but what do think is awesome? That you can only write .NET
applications for Windows Phone 7? That's what I call terrible (which is
basically the contrary of "awesome").

> Maybe in the near future it will be worth to tend to the upcoming Bada platform
> of Samsung which allows to develope in C++? :)

Operating systems which provide a C++ API are always harder to interface
with e.g. Free Pascal than C based ones, because you need to flatten the
interface. See e.g. QT where you need to use an additional library which
flattens the C++ based API to a C based one.

Regards,
Sven