[fpc-pascal] Working Free Pascal android JNI example

Reimar Grabowski reimgrab at web.de
Wed Nov 10 17:08:26 CET 2010

On Sat, 6 Nov 2010 23:43:58 +0100
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho <felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is a tutorial:
>
> http://gimite.net/en/index.php?Run%20native%20executable%20in%20Android%20App
>
> It just uses standard Android Java API calls AFAIK
Thanks for the tutorial, but as you surely have read (see comments) there are problems using this approach. And I won't hardly call it officially supported as it is a little hackish.

> > Since you cannot distribute this kind of software via official channels (market and the like) it is not of much use.
>
> Google does not impose this kind of limit on market applications. As
> long as you have the standard installer packages and has a stub Java
> program calling our Pascal app it should be fine.
That is true but I was talking about running native FPC apps directly without calling them from Java.

> > Also I don't really know how to interact with these kinds of programs
>
> The most workable that I found is through pipes between the Java and
> the FPC app.
And this is fast enough for realtime interaction?
If this is the case then it is a really nice solution.
I am mostly interested in touch input and the sensors.

> > or how to run a GUI.
>
> This is the tricky part. The obvious answer is OpenGL ES.
When it comes to graphics OpenGL is always the answer. ;)

Do you have any working example code?

R.
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.