[fpc-pascal] Search Engine friendly CGI web apps and pages

Zaher Dirkey parmaja at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 20:53:54 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 5:54 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com>wrote:

> While we are on the topic of CGI and Apache. Any idea how to tell
> Apache that a specific file is a CGI program, even though that file
> has no file extension like the obvious .cgi suffix? This is not to
> serious - I think Google accepts URLs with a '.' (dot) in the path.
> eg:  http://www.mydoman.com/mmaths/project1.cgi/myparam

in .htacces with rewrite mode is enabled, it easy to convert new style to
old one

RewriteEngine on

RewriteRule ^$                        project1.cgi  [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME}       !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME}       !-d
RewriteRule (.*)                      project1.cgi?action=$1  [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^project1.cgi$               project1.cgi

And you have many examples on internet to understand RewriteEngine

Thanks
--
Zaher Dirkey