[fpc-pascal] fpdoc <link> tag syntax question

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Aug 10 14:37:56 CEST 2010

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I read the fpdoc documentation, and think I understand it correctly, but
> would just like to confirm.
>
> For fpGUI's class documentation, it uses a single 'fpgui' package in the
> fpdoc command line, covering all the units documented.
>
> When one XML description file references another description file in the
> same package, do I need to use the link format as
>   #<package_name>.<unit_name>.<identifier>
>
> or will the following suffice?
>
>   <unit_name>.<identifier>

In one package, <unit_name>.<identifier> should be enough in the description text.

In 'short' tags, however, something goes wrong when creating TOC pages that
use this tag, and the resolving goes wrong; so there
#<package_name>.<unit_name>.<identifier>
is needed.

> The reason I ask. If I use the latter, then my links are not resolved
> correctly in the fpdoc output. This is why I believe I need to always add
> the #<package_name> in front of all links that don't reference a identifier
> in the same unit.  Maybe the fpdoc documentation could be enhanced to state
> this fact more clearly.
>
> If my assumption is wrong, then I found another bug in fpdoc, or in the
> linear output writer code.

It is a bug, but I haven't gotten around to investigate it seriously.
I did some half-hearted attempts, but it obviously wasn't easily fixable.

Michael.