[fpc-pascal] fpdoc <link> tag syntax question

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 14:23:09 CEST 2010

Hi,

I read the fpdoc documentation, and think I understand it correctly, but
would just like to confirm.

For fpGUI's class documentation, it uses a single 'fpgui' package in the
fpdoc command line, covering all the units documented.

When one XML description file references another description file in the
same package, do I need to use the link format as
   #<package_name>.<unit_name>.<identifier>

or will the following suffice?

   <unit_name>.<identifier>

The reason I ask. If I use the latter, then my links are not resolved
correctly in the fpdoc output. This is why I believe I need to always add
the #<package_name> in front of all links that don't reference a identifier
in the same unit.  Maybe the fpdoc documentation could be enhanced to state
this fact more clearly.

If my assumption is wrong, then I found another bug in fpdoc, or in the
linear output writer code.

eg:
  docs for 'fpg_base.pas'
       TfpgColor

  docs for 'fpg_main':
       Some help content with a link to TfpgColor. If I write it as
        <link id='fpg_base.TfpgColor'/> then the output generated by fpdoc
       tries to find fpg_main.TfpgColor - which results in a broken link.
       I have to specify the link as
       <link id='#fpgui.fpg_base.TfpgColor"/>, then the output generated
       has a correct link.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/