[fpc-pascal] Name for our license

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 16:15:48 CEST 2009

Hello,

Often I need to tell anyone it's a good option to use the license from
the FPC RTL, but this license has no unique name, which leads to the
ackward need to use expressions like "the same license as the Runtime
Library from Free Pascal" or "The same license as the Lazarus
Component Library".

Modified LGPL just isn't good enought, because it's not unique enough.
Modified in which way? By who?

I would like to have a name for our license, what do you think? I suggest:

* Free Pascal LGPL --> shortened to FPLGPL

Having a name for the license will also make it possible for example,
that it is one day included in license templates in various places,
for example SourceForge.

There is no need to change the FPC and Lazarus code to use the new
license name, but new projects could start using it if it's agreed
upon as a standard name for the license, and template files can be
made for it.

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho