[fpc-pascal] fpmake: output directories

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 16:50:18 CEST 2009

2009/6/2 Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>:

> What is the .local directory ? I don't have one, and I never heard of it.
> If it is again a so-called standard by freedesktop, then it's a nono.

I don't know, and like I mentioned, I tried to Google it, to see who
decided on the ~/.local/ and what everything is supposed to go in
there.

As far as I can see, Kunbuntu and Ubuntu desktops use in for the Trash
can (delete files get moved to ~/.local/share/Trash/files/ directory.
WINE also seems to use it, and some applications install there icons
into ~/.local/share/icons.

Like I said, no idea if it's a "standard", but there are definitely a
few unrelated software projects using it.

> I still haven't recovered from the mistake to put everything below
> '.config', also a 'standard' by freedesktop, implemented in sysutils :(

For configuration files, I love the .config directory. :-)  [Sorry Michael]

> So .fppkg it is by default, and it remains so. Good old unix custom.

No complaints here, just thought I would mention the "dot" directories
I have in my $HOME.

Regards,
  - Graeme -