[fpc-pascal] fpmake: output directories

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Jun 2 16:40:02 CEST 2009

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> 2009/6/2 Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>:
>>
>> ~user/.fppkg/build/
>>
>> (or something like it)
>

> Possibly the $HOME/.local/ directory.  I have the following structure
> in there, but I tried to find out on freedesktop.org or linux
> standands what is recommend regarding the ~/.local/ directory, but I
> couldn't find any documentation on it.

What is the .local directory ? I don't have one, and I never heard of it.
If it is again a so-called standard by freedesktop, then it's a nono.

I still haven't recovered from the mistake to put everything below
'.config', also a 'standard' by freedesktop, implemented in sysutils :(

So .fppkg it is by default, and it remains so. Good old unix custom.

Michael.