[fpc-pascal] Re: How I can install FPC IDE in MacOS

Schindler Karl-Michael karl-michael.schindler at physik.uni-halle.de
Tue Apr 14 10:30:33 CEST 2009

Hi,

Adam Pahlevi wrote:

> Is there FPC IDE that can run inside Mac OS X
>
> is there, how to install and compile or build or any stuff like
> that, that I may run?

You can install fpc using fink (command: fink install fpc). The stable
tree of fink has fpc 2.2.2; 2.2.4 is in the unstable tree. I intend to
move the 2.2.4 version to the stable tree in a timeframe of a few
(2-4) weeks.

"fink install fpc" also installs the FPC IDE.
You can start it in the terminal with the command "fp".

The advantage of using fink is the clean uninstall with the purge
command of fink as well as crosscompilers for IntelMacs.

The FPC IDE has not been worked on lately, as you may notice. In order
to access the menus you have to press ESC and the short cut letter,
for example "F". Other IDEs are definitely nicer and easier to use. I
would say, using it is either for the die-hard FPC IDE user or as a
last resort for use through a terminal connection.

Best wishes - Michael Schindler