[fpc-pascal] fpGUI Toolkit source repository migrated to Git

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 14:12:13 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 1:06 PM, Vincent Snijders
<vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl> wrote:

> Do you generate nightly tarballs for people who don't want the 0.4 version
> of tortoisegit?

No, simply because fpGUI history is still small (just over 1000
revisions). As far as I can see, a normal clone of fpGUI repository
will download about +- 7Mb (git archives everything before it goes
over the wire).  Even on my sh*tty 3G internet connection that went
pretty quick. Also you can resume if the connection is droped half way
through. 99% of the time SVN ends up being corrupt and can't resume (I
experienced this with Lazarus repository on Sunday).

Alternatively, if you don't want the full history, simply tell git how
far back it must go. For example:

  $ git clone --depth 10 git://fpgui.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/fpgui

Will only get the last ten revisions. This has some limitations (you
can't push), but is perfectly fine if you wanted to contribute in the
form of emailing patches.

Regards,
  - Graeme -