[fpc-pascal] Can I make this with Free Pascal?

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Wed Sep 24 08:55:02 CEST 2008

In our previous episode, markweber said:
> I have heard C++ is the best tool for nerds (whatever it can mean). Will you
> crash me if I ask why should I prefer free pascal than C++ ? Remember I'm
> beggining where you are a master.

C++ is dangerously complex. And I think the previous waves have made clear
that the complexity is the problem of the project already.

Don't shop languages as the silver bullet to solve the problem, you always
be disappointed if you go that way.

Personally I would start to make some choices, and start focussing the
project. What is absolutely necessary (properties that set the program from
its competitors), and what is only a nice to have?

Then focus on getting the necessities working first, before you start
messing with designing your own widget sets (no offense Pavel)