[fpc-pascal] Can I make this with Free Pascal?

leledumbo leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id
Wed Sep 24 06:45:07 CEST 2008

C++:
- debugging = nightmare (no further explanation needed)
- separate compilation = less structured (both namespaces and header files?
what for?), slow (uncompiled header needs to be parsed in EVERY compilation)
- syntax = still strive for C's stupidness (everywhere declaration,
sometimes forces you to use volatile on variables, difficult to find
constants, variables, types, etc.)

Object Pascal:
- debugging = as simple as running the program (both fpc's embedded line
number debugger and heap profiler rocks!!)
- separate compilation = very structured (unit can't be nested, improves
readability), fast (compiled header)
- syntax = very clean (you can find easily where constants, variables,
types, etc. are)

Hmm... there should be much more, but I don't want to write it all.