[fpc-pascal] XMLRPC in FPC

Inoussa OUEDRAOGO inoussa12 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 17:32:37 CEST 2008

2008/4/14, syraxes at googlemail.com <syraxes at googlemail.com>:
> On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 02:07:15PM +0100, Inoussa OUEDRAOGO wrote:
>  > >  I might be mistaken, but WST seems to be geared towards SOAP
>  > >  web services   and XMLRPC seems to be a later adition.
>  >
>  > WST _does support_ XMLRPC, rigth now.
>  >
>  > >  Does anyone happen to know about other Pascal libraries that are implementing
>  > >  only XMLRPC ,   without the need to use WSDL or other  complications ?
>  >
>  > What do you find complicated in WST ?
>

> The fact that I'd have to understand what is and how to use
>  WSDL, and then run some tools that generate a lot of code
>  based on WSDL.  The code listed in the wiki page seems to be
>  quite verbose and scary  compared to what it takes to (manually)
>  write in Python  or even in C++ with the xmlrpc++ library.
>
>  Please see this xmlrpc++ example :
>  http://wilma.vub.ac.be/~se2/docs/xmlrpc.html
>
>  And this Python example:
>  http://docs.python.org/lib/simple-xmlrpc-servers.html
>
>  Is it possible to write pascal code (using WST) that is
>  similar to the xmlrpc++ example ?  My impression is that
>  coding with WST is way more complex than that . And my
>  learning time is limited :
>  The project I'm involved in will be written in C++, but I was
>  thinking to use some pascal programs for testing and maybe
>  create a partially working prototype.

I saw these libs. WST has not the same goal. WST abstracts away the
marshaling protocol
by making it configurable( SOAP, XMLRPC,CUSTOM BINARY in wst 0.5, The
svn version
also supports json-rpc).
More important, WST presents the remote service as a local
interface implementation. BTW, the type library editor is able to
parse a pascal interface
file to produce a wsdl one.

Best regards.

--