[fpc-pascal] Support Interfaces

Stephen Dickason sdickason at elcb.co.za
Mon Sep 17 10:25:00 CEST 2007

>> I'm new to the multi-OS programming environment and wondered if there was
>> some documentation on the different interface mechanisms used in FPC?
>Please elaborate. Interface as in the language feature regarding
>interfaces between classes? Or operating system interfaces, i.e. API?
>Daniƫl

Sorry, I think I'm having a slow Monday.
By interface mechanisms I meant: gtk, win api, gnome (???), etc.  Probably
any existing/external api.
There seem to be a lot that I haven't heard of yet and don't know which OSs
and architectures they work on etc.
One of the open source program problems I have is the amount of reading
required to understand what the program is supposed to do in a nut shell and
where it does it.
I am stuck with Windows XP and DG/UX unix for the moment, but want to move
into linux (which version and gui will be interesting - pointers would be
useful).
Stephen
*-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This E-Mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. It
is only intended for the use of the addressee indicated in this message.
If you are not an intended addressee of this email (or responsible for
delivery of the message to such person), the disclosure, copying or
delivering of the contents of this email to anyone else is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this e-mail by mistake
destroy the message and please notify us immediately by e-mail,
security at elcb.co.za.

Information or opinions in this message that do not relate to the
business of ELCB Information Services shall be treated as neither
given or endorsed by it.