[fpc-pascal] Notice: Possible copyright infringements in FPCcodebase

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 17:16:44 CET 2007

On 21/11/2007, Skybuck Flying <skybuck2000 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Last time I checked object pascal was really old and Delphi added new
> language features.

Maybe you are getting confused with Pascal (the original one) and
Object Pascal and then in the last few years the Delphi language.

There was three versions of Object Pascal.  Apple, Turbo Pascal and
Delphi.  Most people only know the latter.  I think in Borland Delphi
v7, Borland started referring to the Object Pascal language as the
Delphi Language, but all prior versions of Borland Delphi it was
referred to as Object Pascal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delphi_(programming_language)

Free Pascal's implementation of the language is close to Borland's
Object Pascal. I would guess from v5 onwards.

Regards,
  - Graeme -