[fpc-pascal] Compiling FPC for SPARC

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Jul 31 21:03:05 CEST 2006

Peter Vreman wrote:

> >*  Are there further validation tests available?
>
> There is a testsuite available in SVN (or fpc.zip) under fpc/trunk/tests

Thanks. Got fpc/tests from the source which I presume is what you're referring
to.

> >*  How can I build an installation bundle to move to a virgin machine?
>
> in the toplevel fpc/ type 'make zipinstall'

Thanks, I see it. I think it needs a static libncurses.a, working on it.

> >Similarly running "make cycle" brought up a fairly obvious typo hence

> This already fixed in current SVN.

Thanks for that :-)

> >make[4]: *** [linux_all] Error 2
>
> Can't verify this atm. my sparc linux is not connected anymore.

Mine is, and I'm trying to sort this out in company time since we want the
option of moving off x86. I think I can put a few days work into it before too
many eyebrows are raised, so I crave the community's indulgence.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk